A question that is often asked is: How many anchors does it take to cover a given space?
Although this may seem like a simple geometry question, It can be fairly difficult to answer, especially when walls or other obstructions share the space.
Here are some general guidelines to keep in mind:
- CPE Anchors can be daisy-chained together to reduce POE wiring.
- A staggerd 15mx15m anchor placement is usually sufficient.
- A 20mx20m pattern is considered minimal.
- When simple walls intervene, anchor separation should be reduced to 10m or less.
- Isolated rooms require 4-6 anchors for good coverage.
- The chosen RTLS algorithm and required solution quality should also be accounted for.
More Anchor Positioning and Survey Guidance can be found here: https://www.cuwb.io/docs/v3.2/application-notes/anchor-positioning-and-survey/